Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Radiant and Boundless












Radiant
by Cynthia Hand
An Unearthly novella 

Clara is desperate to get away—from the memories that haunt her in Wyoming and the visions of a future she isn't ready to face—and spending the summer in Italy with her best friend, Angela, should be the perfect escape. . . .

For as long as she can remember, Angela has been told that love is dangerous, that she must always guard her heart. But when she met Phen two years ago she was determined to be with him, no matter the costs. Now she must decide whether she can trust Clara with her secret, or if telling her the truth will risk everything she cares about.

Alternating between Angela and Clara's perspectives, Radiant chronicles the unforgettable summer that will test the bounds of their friendship and change their lives forever. (description from Amazon.com

I almost didn't read Radiant before starting Boundless, but boy am I glad that I did.  The novella gives you some great info that has meaning in the third and final book, as well as letting the reader get to hear some things from Angela's perspective, which I loved.  I suppose you could read the last book without reading the novella, but I thought it really added to the story. It was definitely worth the $1.99 for me. 


















Boundless
by Cynthia Hand
Unearthly series, book three

The past few years held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner ever could have anticipated. Yet through the dizzying high of first love to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she could no longer deny was that she was never meant to have a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seemed like the best option, so she's headed back to California—and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he's not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won't come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must choose her fate once and for all. (description from Amazon.com

I thought that Hand did a bang-up job finishing the series.  There were things I thought would probably happen and they did, but the suspense to get there was perfect.  Clara remained a character that I could totally believe, stuck in a situation that kept me riveted.  I loved her relationships with friends and family and the way that nothing was black and white...everything had shades of gray.  The way that the romance tied up, too, left me absolutely satisfied. All around this is one of the best angel-themed series I've read and I can't wait to recommend it to more readers! 

Full disclosure: Radiant purchased for my Kindle App/Boundless borrowed from my library

No comments:

Post a Comment