Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

ALA's Youth Media Awards!!

Today was the announcement of all of the American Library Association Youth Media Awards at the ALA Midwinter meeting in Seattle.  I'm not going to list all of the winners and honors because the list is *really* long, but... I do want to give a full shout out to two of the winners:











I was SOOOOO happy to see that Ms. Tamora Pierce (my all-time favorite author EVAH!) won the Margaret A. Edwards Award for lifetime achievement in writing for young adults. *squee!!*











Rachel Hartman, author of Seraphina, which I gave a gold star review to here, won the William C. Morris Award for a debut book published by a first-time author writing for teens!!

Very exciting!!!

Congratulations to Tamora Pierce, Rachel Hartman and ALL of the other award winners and nominees.  You can check out the full list on ALA's website HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment