Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

My Summer Reading Confessions...

So, back on June 15th I wrote a post called, My Summer Reading List. It was supposed to be a quick, fun little post of seven (JUST seven) books that I wanted to read before September 1st. I also promised in that post that I would report back with my success...

Well. I just realized that it is now September 3rd and I have read none, NONE, of the books that were on my summer reading list! With all the other reading commitments I have made, I was not able to squeeze in a single one of these books. SIGH.

So...my summer went from this:

To this:
Not an actual photo of me, but you get the idea...











So, even though I didn't read any of my most desired books this summer, I will share with you what I HAVE read since June 15th.  I'm not going to link or add the cover art, because this post would become HUGE, but here's the boring ol' list for you to read, if you so desire. 

June 15  - Sept.  1:
The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry
The Initiate by Megg Jensen
The Assassin and the Desert by Sarah J. Maas
Home is Beyond the Mountains by Celia Barker Lottridge
The 10 p.m. Question by Kate de Goldi
The End of Infinity by Matt Myklusch
Camo Girl by Kekla Magoon
The Girl is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines
Bluefish by Pat Schmatz
Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
How to Catch a Star by Oliver Jeffers
Blue Sky by Audrey Wood
Summer Days and Nights by Wong Herbert Yee
Zoom, Rocket, Zoom! by Margaret Mayo
Blackout by John Rocco
A Good Night Walk by Elisha Cooper
YoYo Goes Next Door by Jeannette Rowe
Sidewalk Trip by Patricia Hubbell
Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10 by Judy Finchler
The Man in the Moon by William Joyce
The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore by William Joyce
Bedtime for Monsters by Ed Vere
Wildwood by Colin Meloy
Show Me a Story: Writing Your Own Picture Book by Nancy Loewen
How to Raise a Dinosaur by Natasha Wing
No T. Rex in the Library by Toni Buzzeo
How do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food by Jane Yolen
A Dinosaur Called Tiny by Alan Durant
The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
Flotsam by David Wiesner
Tuesday by David Wiesner
Robot, Zombie, Frankenstein! by Annette Simon
Sorry by Norbert Landa
You Will be My Friend! by Peter Brown
Liar, Liar by Gary Paulsen
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan
Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear
Hothouse by Chris Lynch
This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel
Draw the Dark by Ilsa J. Bick
Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans
Crunch by Leslie Connor
The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer
Fairest of All by Sarah Mlynowski
The Fear by Charlie Higson
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Loss  by Jackie Morse Kessler
Serenity:The Shepard's Tale by Joss Whedon
The Traitor and the Tunnel by Y. S. Lee
The Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton
What Happened to Goodbye? by Sarah Dessen
Black Howl by Christina Henry
Timepiece by Myra McEntire
Scary School by Derek the Ghost
The Warlock by Michael Scott
The Enchantress by Michael Scott
Fairie-Ality Home:Inspirations from Nature by David Ellwand
The Garden Intrigue by Lauren Willig
Sleepover Stakeout by Kim Harrington
The Apothecary by Maile Meloy 
Kiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton
Dead End in Norvelt by Jack Gantos
Something to Hold by Katherine Schlick Noe

Whew! So, as you can see, I've been busy, busy, busy... 
Did you all get to your summer reading goals?

1 comment: