Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

I Say, You Say Opposites - Board Book



I Say, You Say Opposites!
by Tad Carpenter

I say "Reading!" You say, "Fun!" Explore the world of opposites with 8 lift-the-flaps.

These colorful, playful books encourage interactive learning through prediction and repetition; but most importantly, they look really fun.--Dr. Robert Needlman, co-founder of Reach Out and Read and author of Dr. Spock's Baby Basics

With I Say, You Say, your little ones can:
  • Say new words
  • Recognize opposites
  • Learn and play!
(description from Amazon.com/back of book)


This is a CUTE book! Not only does it have a great opposites concept, but it is bright, colorful and not scary at all. :)  It has visual clues to help little readers to guess/learn what the opposite is on each page spread.












Not only is this a great example, "I say Short, you say...TALL!" but of course, I had to share the giraffe picture! (In case you didn't know, I'm obsessed with giraffes. :D)

Another example that shows the way the page flaps work:
*Before the flap is turned over...*





*And once the flap is open!*


Absolutely fantastic! Beautiful and functional.  My boss at work is already planning to steal my copy for our regular two-year-old storytime, LOL.  I would highly recommend this book and any others in the series for Library storytimes or one-on-one reading at home! The only caution I would give to parents/gift givers is that the pages are not quite as sturdy as some other board books, so a tough little toddler could tear the flaps... but well worth picking up and keeping in a safe place until reading time!

Full disclosure: Received from Little, Brown for Young Readers for review

No comments:

Post a Comment