Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss


Anna and the French Kiss
by Stephanie Perkins

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited? (description from Amazon.com)

Well, first off I have to apologize to the blogosphere and the twitterverse. The buzz for this book was huge, and me being stupidly, oh SO stupidly stubborn, decided to ignore the gazillions of posts/tweets/etc. that simply stated, "READ THIS ONE!!!"

I am so so so so so sorry that I did not take that advice earlier. This book is...well, I can't really describe what this book is... it is EPIC and AWESOME.


It is absolutely deserving of a GOLD STAR.


Kudos, Stephanie Perkins, you have officially written one of my new favorite books...and a perfect couple!
*melts*
I love Anna and St. Clair. They are perfect together. In a perfect setting. With the perfect amount of gush, guts, and glorious non-perfect-ness.

Really. I cannot tell you how this book made me smile, tear up, smile, grin, chuckle, smile again, squee with happiness, and then sigh when it ended. I do not know how I am going to wait now to read Lola and the Boy Next Door! It seems so unfair that I cannot just run to my bookshelf, dig behind some other books, and magically pull it out...I must have more ASAP!!

I now add my sincerest advice to the blogosphere/twitterverse. If you were holding out like me...STOP! RUN NOW, PICK UP THIS BOOK! You will want gleefully devour it - I swear.

For now, I am in withdrawl...and if anyone out there has a LOLA that they would be willing to share...

1 comment:

  1. Yes the main character has a gap in her front teeth, and yes she is not perfect, but that is what makes her so relatable. I read this in a day and it was a perfect, light contemorary romance.

    ReplyDelete