Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Sucker Punch - Movie Review


Sucker Punch

I finally got the chance to see Sucker Punch now that it's out on DVD. I watched with my husband (who hated it) and my sister (who liked it, too) and I really enjoyed it. First off, the soundtrack is amazing! I'm always amazed how much music can affet everything. It was the perfect blend of melancholy, mixed with hard rock to pump up the action sequences.

The basic storyline was sad, but the dream sequences were exciting and full of girl-power moments, which I absolutely love. The special effects were awesome and those sequences were very steampunk-y, which rocked.

I loved the way that they were able to layer the different realities of the movie. To give the girls a mental escape, a place that they had power, even when they were really helpless. I also loved the realization and decision that Babydoll made at the end of the movie.

I thought it was very well done. I can see how some people (including my husband) would hate it, though. It's not a movie for everybody.

1 comment:

  1. I have a hold on the library copy-interested to see it because the previews did look good. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete