Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Remedial Magic


Remedial Magic
by Jenna Black
A Faeriewalker series bonus story

Having a prodigy for an older brother is not so fun…especially one who is magic wiz-kid. But Kimber has a plan to finally step out of his shadow. (description...such as it is...from Amazon.com)

I really enjoy this series. I received the second book to review, but decided to go back and read the first, Glimmerglass before starting Shadowspell. Those books are from the perspective of Dana, a girl who decides to go live with her Fae father and experiences Avalon and the Fae kingdoms for the first time.

This short story is actually from the perspective of a girl she meets in Avalon. Kimber is the younger sister of Ethan, a magically powerful boy that starts pursuing Dana. Kimber actually becomes her best friend and is one of my favorite side characters in the series. I loved reading this story, even short as it was, from her view. I'd love to see more from her someday!

If you've never read any of the Faeriewalker series, I'd suggest you either get a taste with this free ebook or start with Glimmerglass. Hopefully, you'll get as hooked as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment