Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Your Highness - Movie Review


Your Highness
starring Danny McBride, James Franco, and Natalie Portman

When the glorious crown Prince, Fabius, returns home with a bride-to-be, his younger brother, Thaddeus, is none too impressed. When an evil wizard steals Fabius' fiancee from their wedding to use her as part of a nefarious plot to sire a dragon that would be under his control, Fabius sets out on a quest to save her. Sick of Thaddeus' antics, their father, the King, forces Thaddeus to accompany his brother so that he will become a man along the way. In the midst of their quest, the brothers meet a very pretty, very psychotic young woman, Isabelle, also questing to take out the evil wizard in revenge for killing her family years before.

If you like campy, slapstick, perverted humor, then this is the movie for you. If you don't like dirty humor, nudity, or wizards that shoot lightning out of their fingertips, you may want to skip this one.

I, for one, loved it. I guess there is a part of me that channels 12 year old boy humor, but I thought this movie was hilarious. I was horrified in spots at the dark depths of the humor and parts made me blush, but I would not have stopped watching for anything. So funny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment