Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Three Book Challenges for 2010

Alright, other than reviewing titles that SLJ sends to me, I hardly let anything guide my reading choices. I do not plan. I wait for something to catch my eye, either by cover choice, title, subject matter, series continuation, etc. To this point I haven't committed myself to having to read any certain type of book.
This year, though, I have decided to try three book challenges. I am signing up for an audio book challenge, a Support Your Local Library book challenge, and a historical fiction book challenge (all info below). I commute about 45 mins. each way to work 5 days a week and have officially become addicted to audio books, so I decided to go whole hog on that one and agreed to "read" 20 titles. I work in a Library and check out nearly all of the books I read from my workplace. Therefore, I committed to reading 100 titles from my Library. Lastly, I realized this year, that though I never seem to pick up any historical fiction titles on my own, through recommendations, books I have to review for SLJ, and reading books that are up for awards, I end up reading a bunch of historical fiction every year, and I end up really enjoying them. So, I played it somewhat safe on that one and decided to just commit myself to 6 titles this year.

These are the challenges I signed up for:

1. The Support Your Local Library 2010 Challenge, hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog.

2. The Audiobook Reading Challenge, hosted by Royal Reviews

3. The Historical Reading Challenge, hosted by Royal Reviews

For more information, you can check their blogs for all of the rules and to sign up.
Good luck on all of your challenges!!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the Support Your Local Library Reading Challenge. This is going to be a fun reading year.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm always happy to support Libraries as the support me!! (wink, wink - being a Teen Librarian and all...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also went back and signed up for the Fantasy Reading Challenge hosted by Royal Reviews.

    ReplyDelete