Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Elphame's Choice


Elphame's Choice
by P.C. Cast


I was marked from birth as belonging to the Goddess Epona--but that didn't make my life easy. Because of my "blessings," I was set apart, worshipped, unable to make real connections with others. Then came the Feeling, and with it a glimpse of my destiny. It led me to the MacCallen castle of legend, deserted since the terrible Fomorian war.

I followed the wordless call to breathe new life into a place long dead, but I didn't realize there were dark remnants of the war lingering in the nearby forest--victims and survivors who remained hidden. Others marked as different, powerful. Feared.

My choice was now twofold. I could keep to the happiness and safety of my newfound home, or I could choose a path that led to something more terrible, more dangerous, more thrilling than anything I'd ever expected.

In that future I might never be alone again. . .

I was excited to read this book because I am a huge fantasy/sci-fi person and I love the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast. I have to admit that I did not read the Divine by trilogy which is also set in Partholon and I think comes before this book. I plan to go back and read those now and then go on to read the next book in this series, Brighid's Quest.
This was definitely a good book, though P.C.'s tone is very different here than in HON. I think that people who read HON will have to mentally adjust to this series, but that's okay! I liked Elphame and her brother's characters very much. I thought that Cast did a great job explaining why there were these Formorians (the "bad guys") that brought out the forbidden love option for Elphame. Interesting. Not my favorite book of all time, but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment